Read to Learn
Adult Literacy/Volunteer Program
Share Your Passion for Reading and Help Your Community
- Help others improve their reading and writing skills.
- Training and lesson plans provided
- Trained educator on site
- Ten-week commitment, 2.5 hours per week (substitutes available)
- Choose from several convenient locations in the Northwest suburbs.
- Select morning, afternoon, or evening sessions.
For more information, contact the Read to Learn office at (847) 718-7724, or complete an online application.
Download the Read to Learn Newsletter:
The program is made possible by a grant awarded by the IL State Library (ISL), a division of the Office of the Secretary of State, using funds designated for literacy. Approximately 13% of the cost of this program is covered by federal funds in the amount of $22,873. Approximately $9,500 of this program is supported with non-government sources.