What is the Advisory Council?
The Advisory Council is a vital component of any successful community education program. Council members come from all walks of life, bring a variety of skills and viewpoints, and represent the many different constituencies throughout the community. Members often have their fingers on the pulse of what is happening community-wide. As such, members are in a unique position to communicate needs to Community Education management and staff. Its principal responsibility is to link identified needs with identified community resources.
Who Can Become a Member:
- Individual community residents
- Business/professional people
- Agency representatives
- Civic leaders
- Anyone interested in improving the quality of life in their community
What is the Commitment?
- Attend Advisory Council meetings each year
- Join at least one council task force
- Contribute some of your time and talent to improving our communities
District 214 Community Education Advisory Council Members:
Northwest Community Hospital
|Elisa M. Cisneros
OMNI Youth Services
Mt. Prospect Public Library
Village of Mt. Prospect
HandsOn Suburban Chicago
Dist. 214 Board of Education
Arl. Hts. Memorial Library