Thank you for your interest in volunteering as a tutor with District 214 Community Education’s Read to Learn Adult Literacy Program! Please look through the information below and fill out the online application.
Prospective Tutor Letter
Volunteer Tutor Job Description
Volunteer Tutor Application
New Tutor Online Training
1. Go to www.proliteracyednet.org
2. Click on the Education Network tab (on the left of the screen)
3. Click on Browse the Resources on the right of the screen
4. In the drop down tab on the top of the screen under "Browse the Resources" click on Old Proliteracy Ednet Online Courses.
5. Choose "Orientation to Volunteering in Literacy" and "Volunteering in English Language Learner Literacy Classes".
Note:The first time you register for a course you will complete a registration form and choose a user name and password.
When you complete each workshop, you will be able to print a certificate. Please print and bring these TWO certificates with you when you attend the Read to Learn New Tutor Training Seminar. *If you are having difficulty accessing these courses we encourage you to watch the Proliteracy Education Network Orientation Video located on the website or call our office at (847) 718-7724.